WITH MICROTOPPING YOU CAN PERSONALISE ANY SPACEMicrotopping can be customised to a high degree, in colour and tonal variations, in effects and in finishes. It confers an extremely natural material effect and an original, contemporary aesthetic. You can choose from a vast range of available colours, personalising the effect – shiny, cloudy, variegated, hazy or with decorative inserts – and even choose the final touch by opting for a shiny, opaque or natural effect finish. Any room can now really mirror your personal taste, thanks to Microtopping.
Microtopping is composed of two cementitious mixtures:
- Microtopping BC (Base coat): First coat, with coarse grade of aggregates;
- Microtopping FC (Finish coat): Second coat, fine grade of aggregates.
Depending on the desired surface texture, you can apply:
- Two coats of Microtopping BC (Base Coat): the surface will be rough, ideal for outdoor and certified slip-resistant;
- After two coatss Microtopping BC (Base Coat) you can apply a coat of Microtopping FC (Finish Coat): the surface will be already very smooth, but characterized by a slightly texturedfinish;
- If you are looking for a perfectly smooth surface and the effect of full or variegated colour, or mottled, you can opt for a second application of Microtopping FC (Finish Coat).
The choice of protective surface treatment may further change the effect and intensity of the final colour. You can choose between three different finishes:
- Natural: not alter the colour, the material appears untreated and is characterized by soft lines and a delicate appearance;
- Matt: raises the tone of colour making it deeper and enhances the effects achieved using a spatula;
- Glossy: as for the opaque version, the colour intensity and the effects are enhanced and enriched in gloss surface reflections.
You can also change the colour intensity by dosing Colour Pack C in different percentages (25%, 50%, 100%) or in specific and customized dosages . In this way you can get an almost infinite range of colours.
Both mixtures (Base coat and finish coat) are available in two standard colors, white and grey, but you can still get the color you prefer. During the mixing phase, in fact, you can add Colour Pack C, a special liquid pigment available in several colors that allow a result warm and cozy, or serene and relaxing, with a natural effect more or less marked, depending on your preferences and your style.
What colours are available?
Thanks to the special liquid dyes of Colour Pack-C, it is possible to obtain many combinations of colours. The intensity and shade of colour will vary, depending on the quantity of dye used. Indeed, the colour table only offers a rough guide: it will be the task of the installer to provide samples based on the customer’s requests. It is also possible to create effects such as polished, silky, cloudy and acid stain. Additionally, Microptopping can provide shades and decorative inserts to create unique, personalised finishes with great aesthetic impact and elegance. Link to Colour Pack chart.
Can I change the colour of the surfaces once created?
Certainly. Just sand and reapply Microtopping. This procedure is especially useful for the restoration and renewal of surfaces such as, for example, the change of use of commercial premises.
How can a perfect appearance be maintained over time?
Certain effective precautions are recommended:
a) provide a doormat at the entry to the house that can retain dust, sand and abrasive particles
b) sweep or vacuum regularly
c) use protective felt under furniture, especially under furniture that is often moved, such as chairs
d) in the event it is necessary to move heavy furniture, it is recommended to place woollen cloth under the feet or base of furniture to avoid ugly lines
e) before carrying out painting, electrical jobs, plumbing, moving and handling furniture, protect the floor with cardboard, woollen blankets and nylon sheets.
Can the colour and appearance of a Microtopping surface undergo changes over time?
In general, the colours used have maximum resistance to UV rays and the protective treatments are not subject to yellowing.
As with all types of materials, however, (see, for example, car paintwork), after constant exposure to the light of the sun and moon, slight fading is possible in the colours, which cannot be considered a defect.
What finishes and effects can be created with Microtopping?
Ideal Work offers various types of protective treatments that, in addition to providing excellent resistance to the absorption of liquids and stains, determine the final effect of the surface. It is possible to choose between SHINY, OPAQUE, SATIN or NATURAL effects. Based on the type of project, interior or exterior, the technical specifications required and the final effect desired, it will be the task of the installer to advise on the most suitable protection.